Monday, November 7, 2011

The IPO season

With this post I am taking a small break from my trials and errors with sorting through mobile related technicalities (in my learning process of mobile marketing), as I happened to stumble upon a very interesting article on IPO stipulations in the start-up, tech and online sector, Groupon Vs. Zynga: Which Company Will Be More Valuable Post-IPO?, appearing on TechCrunch. It just happened that today, while savouring business icon, Alan Sugar`s biographical book "Alan Sugar: What you see is what you get. My aoutobiography", I happened to turn the page on the chapter about how his company, Amstrad, went public. What a coincidence and what an interesting perspective over the IPO process now and some 30 years ago!


Anyway, I think this article should be bookmarked as my personal view is that we might be experiencing the second dotcom bubble in its making. In case I am wrong, than virtual is really worth investing in and it will become the business model of the future decades to come. I guess we are talking about a trial and error approach here as well haha. 


An excerpt from the article published by TechCrunch: "This is the season of the IPO. So far, 2011 has seen companies like LinkedIn, Pandora, Yandex, Zillow, and RenRen come to market. As you’ve heard, Groupon and Zynga are next up in the IPO pipeline, with both companies arriving on public markets within weeks of each other. Groupon, barring some catastrophic event, will begin trading publicly on NASDAQ November 4th, with shares set at $20 a pop at a valuation of $12.7 billion."( Amstrad was valued at £8m in 1980) 


Read more at Groupon Vs. Zynga: Which Company Will Be More Valuable Post-IPO? | TechCrunch

No comments:

Post a Comment